COMPANY

Renowned know-how for more than 60 years


With 60 years of know-how and 85 employees, STÜWE® develops highly specialized friction connections for particularly demanding applications. Since the first shrink disc in 1967, STÜWE® has manufactured exclusively in Germany and has remained faithful to its company headquarters in Hattingen. Our suppliers are chosen in accordance with the highest quality standards and we monitor them through regularly occurring audits.

Thus our regular customers have trusted our high levels of expertise and quality for many years, especially with large drive systems under difficult conditions. Such as, for example, in the case of wind power plants and ships.

1948

Establishment of the STÜWE company by Friedhelm Stüwe in the field of steel and special machine construction

1967

First shrink disc worldwide

1976

Introduction of the two-piece shrink disc for higher rotational speeds and simpler assembly

1980

Company management taken over by Detlef and Hartwig Stüwe

1987

First hydraulically locked shrink disc for the reduction of assembly times

1989

Specialisation in the field of shaft-hub friction connections

1996

Start of the manufacture of shrink discs for the wind energy industry

1998

since then constant expansion of our manufacturing capacities

2014

The third STÜWE generation takes over the company management: Rena und Jan Stüwe